To fully embrace and celebrate the art craze that is set to take over Hong Kong next week we’ve compiled some special prizes to get everyone’s creative juices flowing. From now until 15 March, we’ll be giving away exclusive art experiences to readers who share the best photos of art spotted around the city on Facebook or Instagram.
Here’s what’s on offer:
Cake painting afternoon tea at Grand Hyatt for a group of four
Bored of your usual afternoon tea routine? Japanese British artist Peter McDonald will be showcasing a selection of new paintings and furniture created in collaboration with designer Martino Gamper alongside Tiffin’s new ‘cake painting’ afternoon tea (valued at HK$328 per person). The tea set is inspired by McDonald’s personal art studio with a colourful and vibrant array of biscuits, cakes, pastries and ice cream as well as a delicious cheese cake, which you can paint with a variety of edible colours.
An art-inspired dinner at WHISK for two
Enjoy an art-inspired menu at WHISK created by Michelin-starred chef Bjoern Alexander complete with wine pairings (valued at over HK$2,360). Inspired by the six sectors that make up Art Basel Hong Kong, the six-course menu plays with textures and contrasting colours and includes everything from edible letters and a main course that pays homage to film noir.
The Art Inspired menu is available from 3 to 31 March 2015 on Tuesdays to Saturdays from 6:30pm till 10pm depending on availability.
Artsy cocktails for four at AMMO
Heading to Art Basel? Stop by AMMO for a round of artsy cocktails (HK$120 each) to set the tone for your evening. The drinks include a “(Gavin) Turk’s Blood” concoction of champagne, burgundy and berries, which pays homage to British artist Gavin Turk, Quinn and Tunick, an artistic take on gin and tonic, a “Chapmanhatten” inspired by the Chapman brothers and a Jeff “Koonsmapolitan”.
Tickets to Art Central
Spend your weekend perusing some of the world’s finest contemporary art at this year’s inaugural Art Central art fair at The New Central Harbourfront. The exhibition will take place inside a custom-built 10,000 square metre tent designed by Stiff and Trevillion of London. Be sure to stop by The Continental’s pop-up bar and restaurant and Joyce Wang’s incredible installation for Swarvoski.
We have 35 pairs of tickets (valued at HK$200 each) to giveaway for access to this year’s first Art Central art extravaganza.
How to enter:
From 3-15 March share photos of art you’ve spotted around Hong Kong using the hashtag #LSAHKArtWeek to take part in our competition. The winners for each prize will be chosen throughout the contest period and will be notified by e-mail.
Step 1: Enter your details below to register
Step 2: Submit a photo
- Take a picture of art spotted around Hong Kong
- Share it on Facebook or Instagram with #LSAHKArtWeek @LifestyleAsiaHK in the caption
- Feel free to enter as many times as you want with different pictures
Terms & conditions:
- Entries will be collected between 3-15 March 2015.
- The winner for the grand prize and second prize will be chosen by 15 March 2015.
- The third prize and runners-up prize will be chosen by 11 March 2015.
- Winners will be chosen based on the creativity and popularity of the photo(s) submitted.
- Contest open to Hong Kong residents only.
- LifestyleAsia Hong Kong reserves the right to modify or cancel the sweepstakes at any time.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for money or transferred to third parties.