Singaporeans, let us list to you a few reasons why June is the month you deserve a good drink more than ever:
- While the rest of the world cheers at the onslaught of summer, our tropical temperatures are scaling to new heights of insanity, and these RealFeel 38 degrees Celsius afternoons are about to become the new normal until November comes around.
- It is halfway through the year! You survived.
- We are right at the end of the maelstrom that is the Trump-Kim Summit, and while we must reserve our political views to our personal domains, let’s be real — most of us can’t wait to resume the regular national programme of being ignored by the rest of the globe.
- Anthony Bourdain has passed. The least you can do to remember the larger-than-life storyteller is to have a drink in his honour. After all, this was the man that spewed too many quotable quotes on drinking to count, among many other feats. Our favourite? “In a perfect world, I’d have a single malt before dinner by the fireplace, sit down to a nice meal, drink some wine with that, and then finish off with another scotch.”
- It’s been a month where you’ve probably drowned in liquor after the recent Negroni Week and the local launch of the weekend gin tour, Gin Journey, but a throng of new bars has opened up in Singapore this month, giving you more cause to skip sobriety until July. Maybe.
Even if points one through four have failed to convince you, read on to find out why the fifth assuredly will, as we scout out all the new bars around the city for you.
Merci Marcel Club Street
Plum and Toro
Room For More
Claypots Full Circle
+65 6224 1262
+65 6818 1908
+65 9663 9328
+65 6877 6977