Vertu, the market leader in luxury mobile phones, has unveiled its latest smartphone, Constellation. The touchscreen model of the Constellation series definitely combines an unparalleled luxury in terms of customer service (with Vertu Concierge) and state-of-the-art technology.
Vertu's founder and principal designer, Frank Nuovo, shares his insights on the latest smartphone by the brand.
1. The Constellation is Vertu's first touchscreen phone features a 3.5” nHD (640x360 pixels) brilliant, high contrast AMOLED ((active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) display for clarity of viewing, an 8megapixel camera and a 32gigabyte memory.
"It's an evolution of characteristics for the Constellation Touch; it's very friendly, there's a lot of leather on the product like many previous Constellations."
If there's just one thing Vertu is all about, that would be elegant simplicity. Each Constellation is hand-made by a single craftsman, emphasising Vertu’s continued commitment to quality assurance.
"For sizing and proportion, we wanted something that was comfortable for a phone; superb resolution, high definition screen, all-sapphire, ceramic, surgical grade stainless steel, fine leather. There's also ruby bearing around the camera key."
2. Vertu Constellation Touch provides access to emails, Microsoft Office attachment viewers, social networking clients, web browser, photo and video editor as well as swype predictive text.
"With the right settings, you can go to 400 hours of standby time. The applications are easy to use as well; setting your alarm, getting to your appointments, getting from screen to screen, setting up contacts, preloading navigations."
3. As a Vertu owner, direct access is also given to Berry Brothers and Rudd, Britain’s most well established and respected wine and spirit merchant, offering personal wine advices.
"The big thing about this phone, is the service aspect of it. For instance, we have the sommelier, which is going in and working with Berry Brothers and Rudd, where you can take a picture and identify a bottle."
In essence, customers will have the ultimate Sommelier at the touch of a button.
4. Tailor-made services and apps, such as the Protector Services Group, offer personal and corporate risk management, asset protection and recovery, wealth preservation and personal security.
"The security services are really cool. If you land in a strange city, and you're not sure about an area, you'll be able to contact them and know where's safe to go and where's not. If you need a driver, or support, whatever it might be, effectively, the Concierge Live will assist you."
The Concierge Live app conveniently displays a real-time status update of customers requests to guarantee absolute peace of mind.
Vertu Concierge can be accessed via a dedicated key on the handset, and with global experts based in city hubs around the world, it provides dedicated assistance, 24 hours a day, worldwide, in eight widely spoken languages.
5. Vertu's inspiration is based on three aspects: craftsmanship, service and technology.
"As far as the Constellation line, it has a softer personality. It's not quite as formal as the Signature series, nor as super edgy and sporty as an Ascent. It's sort of a nice balance; it's elegant yet not too masculine nor too feminine. With the different colours and qualities, it can shift from one style to another."
Stylistically, you know a Vertu when you see one.
Constellation performs on all levels, be it material or technical specification. With quad band GSM, penta band WCDMA, HSDPA coverage, as well as hi-speed WLAN, the Constellation keeps the user connected globally. Other technical specifications include Bluetooth with A2DP, an FM radio, free global maps and navigation by Assisted GPS with Accelerometer and Digital Compass.
Prices range from €4,400 to €10,900. For more information please visit www.vertu.com.