Sony Mobile Communications has unveiled the brand's newest Sony Xperia range, namely the Xperia S, Xperia P, Xperia U and Xperia sola.
What we can look forward to with the latest Sony Xperia smartphones are effortless content sharing alongside easy connectivity. And while every one of the Xperia range has an unique feature of its own, the range as a whole has incorporated some of Sony's best technology as well as premium entertainment.
“The Xperia smartphones showcased today offer the ultimate connected experience to consumers, allowing them to enjoy and share content on whichever screen best suits them, whether it’s their smartphone, TV, laptop or tablet," said Jesper Hansen, Head of Customer Portfolio Management, South East Asia & Oceania.
The Xperia's new User Interface (UI) follows the same design principles -- offering rich applications and content with a simple and clean look. It also allows consumers to access their favourite application direct from the lock-screen.
Here's our three favourites from the Sony Xperia range.
The Xperia S is equipped with a razor sharp Sony HD display and a 12-megapixel camera that takes pictures in just 1.5 seconds from standby mode.
Here are some other key features for Xperia S:
- 4.3-inch reality display with mobile BRAVIA engine with High Definition (HD) resolution screen, as well as front and back cameras for HD recording
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags
With HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and using BRAVIA Sync for controlling the Xperia S with your TV remote control while being connected to the TV, Xperia S delivers a full HD experience on TV, as well as on other DLNA-enabled devices, such as laptops and tablets.
The Xperia S is now available in black and white, at a recommended retail price of S$898.
The Xperia P provides an ultra-bright wiewing experience with the debut of WhiteMagic display technology from Sony. It is also the first time this technology is on a smartphone.
There's also the new SmartDock, exclusively designed for Xperia P, which offers simple connectivity to multiple screens, turning the smartphone into an entertainment hub for the living room.
Here are some other features of the Xperia P:
- Four-inch reality display, powered by mobile BRAVIA engine
- 1 GHz dual-core processor for super-fast performance with 16gigabyte flash storage
- Eight megapixels camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images
- Easy HDMI and DLNA connectivity to share content on any screen
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled
Available in a choice of silver, black and red, all with an aluminum unibody from Q2 2012.
For the sheer size of the Xperia U, this smartphone packs a powerful sound experience with xLoud and Sony 3D surround sound audio technology integrated into the music player.
Consumers of the Xperia U can expect a crisp and loud sound experience as well as the capability to stream music from their mobile to wireless speakers with a touch using DLNA. You can also enjoy improved sound quality with the new Smart Headset, which features SmartKey -- a dedicated application launch key for favourite apps.
Key Features for Xperia™ U include:
- 3.5inch Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- 1 GHz dual-core processor for super-fast performance
- Five megapixels camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images
Available in a choice of white or black, with pink and yellow exchangeable caps for the base of the smartphone in the box from Q2 2012.