When speaking of Clé de Peau Beauté, there seems to be no shortage of goodness behind this prestigious name. Religiously sought after in the beauty world, and known to create skincare products that do the job beyond short-term fixes, this Japan-originated brand has become the country’s most exquisite skincare and make-up provider. You may know the brand through its founder, Shiseido Group, which has for many years been celebrating beauty holistically.
Literally translated, the name means ‘the key to the skin’s beauty’; Clé de Peau Beauté’s mission and core essence centres around the goal of unlocking the power of radiance from within. Therefore, the products are built on their unique Intuitive Skin Theory, combining Japan’s groundbreaking and innovative science with sophisticated French flair and using the Illuminating Complex EX and rare, first-rate elixirs to enhance and richen the skin in order for it to naturally evoke a glorious glow.
Offering luxurious slash lavish skincare that targets complexion, colour, treatment, and of course, with attentive service, this modern Japan-originated beauty brand unceasingly creates high-quality and innovative cosmetics to promote strength through beauty in both men and women. After its release of The Foundation — the world’s most expensive foundation – Clé de Peau Beauté unleashed a beautiful storm upon the cosmetics and skincare industry and made a bigger name for itself once more.
In the run up to the launch of Clé de Peau Beauté Thailand’s flagship store, the Clé de Peau Beauté Radiance Counter 2018 at Emquartier, on 14 December, we spoke to Yupharet “Jib” Ketsakhorn, the Brand Manager of Clé de Peau Beauté, on the cult-status brand whose first Thai brand ambassador was none other than famous actress Manasnan “Donut” Panlertwongskul. From the story of Clé de Peau Beauté — through her role and personal experiences with the products and its customers — to the new flagship store and her pick of 5 Clé de Peau Beauté products she truly adores, read all about it in our exclusive interview.
When talking about Clé de Peau Beauté, people often have this image of luxury beauty products that are interwoven with the luxury goods of France. But in truth, Clé de Peau Beauté actually began in Japan and has long been the country’s number one skincare brand and one of the world’s most high-end skincare and cosmetic brands. And since our brand’s core essence is to unlock the power of radiance in women and men, we look beyond outer beauty and make products that will enhance the skin and create an ever-illuminating healthy skin that radiates through from deep within.
Given that the skin is our most beloved — and visible — part of the body, instead of creating a beauty product that will cover the imperfections, our brand’s first and foremost vision is to understand how the skin works. So through intense study and research, we discovered the groundbreaking Intuitive Skin Theory; when skin cells are fed with the nutrients they need, they will revitalise and remain in its healthy state, forming innate skin strength that will let radiance shines through. So upon this founding theory that allows us to see how the skin thrives, our brand created skincare, complexions and colours that harmonise with various skin types and provide treatments and services that enable/equip our customers to learn more about their skin.
I’m the Brand Manager of Clé de Peau Beauté and my role here involves specifically developing the marketing strategy, developing a media plan, coordinating with department stores, the headquarters and the team. All in all, I would like to say my main role here is being the gatekeeper of Clé de Peau Thailand.
Product proficiency, I believe that’s what gets people hooked to our product. And this conclusion hasn’t just come out of the blue. Since Clé de Peau Beauté was introduced to Thailand in the year of 2000, we’ve received an avalanche of positive feedback. Combined with personal use of the product, I’ve become more and more confident with the prime quality of our brand and what we offer to our customers.
Our latest release for this festive season is the Cle de Peau Beaute 2018 “FÉERIES D’HIVER” Holiday collection —which includes Lipstick Cashmere, Eye Color Quad, Stick Highlighter, Refining Pressed Powder, La Crème (Clé de Peau Beauté’s iconic cream). Designed by Daria Petrilli, the Italy-native illustrator, the packages are set under the “unlock wonderland” theme — think white rabbit, playing card patterns, and Victorian-style ladies — which evoke a luxurious charm that complements so well with our product of beauty.
Our unique selling points, first, will go to the product image. Our packaging style is luxury and eye-catching. Since our goal is to unlock women’s radiance, we aim for our products as well as the packaging to represent our goal, for example, the radiance-shaped La Crème which depicts our mission to unlock the power of the skin’s radiance. Secondly, it has to do with the production efficiency. We focus on producing natural facial products, coupled with unisex skincare that fits for both men and women. Lastly, our attentive service also plays a big part in our success. Our beautiful shops that are scattered all over the world are meant to cater to all our customer’s needs. And we also have skincare specialists in every location to help give guidance to our customers who are in need of perfect-skin solutions.
- Clé de Peau Cleansing Foam is one of our top 20 best-sellers. As we all know, proper skin cleansing is crucial in every skincare routine. The foamy liquid helps to remove build up and maintain clear, glowing skin. At Clé de Peau, we provide cleansing foam in two different formulas, for dry or oil-prone skin. So customers can pick the right formula that best suits their skin type.
- Le Sérum is also one of our best sellers. It contains a key ingredient like the Illuminating Complex EX — which hydrates and strengthens your skin as well as promoting a healthy, youthful-looking and vibrant complexion.
- Lotion is also a must. I believe moisturising your face helps to reduce pretty much any skin problem. Oily face? Dryness? You name it, a good moisturiser is a cure to it all. Our Balancing Lotions help to remove dull skin cells and revive your radiance from within. We provide different formulas like the Hydro-Clarifying Lotion or the Hydro-Softening Lotion to cater to different skin types.
- Concealer is a makeup trick for unflawed skin. The beige liquid helps to conceal blemishes and imperfections on any day that we need extra coverage. Our concealers do a triple job in highlighting, concealing and contouring. They also give a dewy finish as well as SPF protection. So really, they are the 3-in-one products you need in your bag.
- La Crème is, by far, our iconic product. Containing over 50 transformational ingredients, La Crème is the skincare that will encourage healthy hydration, increase resilience, reduce dark spots and overall, beautify your skin. It will also leave your skin satin smooth. So those who want to texturize your skin for the better, La Crème is definitely your go-to.
Clé de Peau Beauté at Emquartier is the first free-standing store and is also the largest among Cle de Peau Beauté counters worldwide. Set under the “Radiance Concept 2018”, once you waltz through the door, the first thing that will catch your eyes is the radiance panel – which showcases the refined and luxury lifestyle we want to promote through our products and also our mission to unearth everyone’s radiance. Our POS touch point is also very spacious. It offers a larger space for our team to get in touch with the customers and to provide Clé de Peau Beauté’s stories and product details in a comfortable setting. The store is also divided into various sections: News Gallery for showcasing our new products to keep customer updated; Consultation Point to respond immediately to customers’ specific needs; VIPs/Guests Rooms for Cle de Peau Beauté’s club members; Facial Treatment Rooms where our guests can unwind while also getting a radiant skin treatment. Our products are also grouped and displayed in separated galleries, depending on their usage, like the Base Make-up Gallery, Color, Skincare, and Synactif Gallery for an easier find.
Clé de Peau Beauté, 2/F, Helix Building, Emquartier, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok