This International Women’s Day 2021, toast to all the great women in your life.
We don’t care that it’s a Monday, so stock up your home bar with all the essentials and phone your girlfriends for a well-deserved night in. Here are some of our favourite Women’s Day cocktails to celebrate.
[Hero and Featured Image Credit: s-o-c-i-a-l-c-u-t/Unsplash]
The Singleton Old Fashioned
- 50 ml The Singleton of Glendullan12 YO
- 10 ml Simple Syrup or Honey
- 2 dash Angostura Bitters
- Fill Mixing glass with good quality ice cubes and add all ingredients and keep stirring for 20 seconds. Strain into a chilled glass with fresh ice cubes and garnish with an orange twist.
- 50 ml – Glenmorangie Original
- 25 ml – Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 ml – Elderflower cordial
- 10 ml – Orgeat syrup
- 1 dash – Aromatic Bitters
- Garnish: Flamed Orange Twist
- Shake all the ingredients with cubed ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Double strain into a glass.
- Finish with flamed orange zest.
The Original Mizuari
- 50 ml Glenmorangie Original
- 5 ml Benedictine Juice
- 15 ml Lime juice
- 10 ml Honey
- 50 ml Coconut Water
- 50 ml Sparkling Water
- Garnish – Long Twist
- Build ingredients over cubed ice in a glass, then stir to combine.
- Garnish with a long twist of Orange zest.
Whisky Peach Highball
- 50ml Whisky
- 50ml Peach tea (chilled)
- 100ml Soda water
- Combine ingredients in an ice-filled highball glass and garnish with slices of peach or a sprig of mint.
- 30ml Dry Gin
- 30ml Rosso Antico
- 30ml Campari
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass full of ice and stir to dilute.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass with fresh ice. Garnish with an orange slice or twist.
- 50 ml Vodka
- 45 ml Espresso (2.5 tsp coffee powder mixed with 20 ml warm water)
- 15 ml Sugar Syrup
Shake all ingredients with some ice cubes. Fine strain into a chilled glass and garnish with three coffee beans.
- 30 ml or 60 ml vodka
- Soda to top
- 1 Wedge of Lime/ Orange/ Sweet lime/ Mandarin/ Kafir Lime
In a highball glass filled with ice, pour vodka and place your preferred fruit slice. Top with soda and gently stir and serve.
This article first appeared on Lifestyle Asia India.