Gone are the days when flowers and leafy greens were the only hip slash chic home decorations. These days, there’s no denying that homey Oreo cookies have gained 21st-century sophistication after Khloe Kardashian, the TV-reality star from Keeping Up With The Kardashians, started decorating her residence with jars filled with delicately hand-arranged Oreo cookies. Of course, the trend became all the rage. Khloe’s signature home decoration is now appearing on the tablescapes of not just the Kardashian-Jenner clan, but also home decorators and stylish housewives. And not only is the cookie jar eye candy in the kitchen, but also a real ethereal and beautiful way to spruce up your living room interiors that will be sure to strike an impression upon any guests walking through your door. Looking for a new take on home decor to add some visual impact to your space? Here’s how you can recreate this cookie jar look it a home.
Fair warning: you may not be able to keep your hands out of the cookie jar.
Hero and featured image credit: champagne_darling
What you need:
1. 2 gallon glass jar (A small jar won’t do if you’re aiming to achieve this dazzling and dainty look)
2. 4-5 big packs of Oreos cookies. Go with the flavour you fancy most. From the original to birthday, chocolate cream, ice cream, red velvet, cookie dough and s’more flavours – you name it, they’ve got it all. Any type of round or square cookie works, too. Get creative. French macaroons also do the job greatly and add a lot of extra colour too.
1. Sanitise your jar. Rinse it with warm water and let it dry thoroughly.
2. Unwrap the Oreo packs. Here’s where the magic happens. Start hand-arranging the cookies one by one all the way around on the edge against the outer rim and work your way in, but be sure to leave a little space amid the jar to save on cookies.
3. Keep stacking the cookies until you reach the top and voila! You’ve got yourself a cookie jar to amp up the space of your home.