Staying home should never hamper your love for life’s most delicious delicacies found at brunch and high tea.
The Peninsula’s brand-new e-cookbook, “A Taste of The Peninsula” lets you indulge in the best of the international hotel group’s bestselling dishes — from The Peninsula Shanghai’s chive dumplings to Hong Kong’s barbecued pork; signature cocktails from The Peninsula New York and Chicago; or The Peninsula Manila’s comforting Arroz Caldo — all from the safety of your own home.
Put your newfound pastry expertise to the test by replicating The Peninsula Hong Kong’s beloved raison scones at home — and savour the scrumptious results as if you were dining in The Lobby at The Peninsula Hong Kong yourself.
The Peninsula Hong Kong Raisin Scones
This recipe yields around 15 to 20 scones.
- 120g unsalted butter
- 100g sugar
- 2g zested lemon peel
- 100g eggs
- 200ml whole milk
- 340g cake flour, sifted
- 110g bread flour, sifted
- 25g baking powder, sifted
- 130g raisins
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lemon peel for five minutes at medium speed.
- Add the eggs progressively, followed by the milk.
- Once the mixture is well blended, fold the sifted flours and baking powder into the batter.
- Add the raisins and beat for three minutes at low speed to produce a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll the dough to a 17mm thickness, and cut into desired shape for the finished scones.
- Place cut dough shapes onto a greased tray, brush with egg wash, and bake in the pre-heated oven at 210ºC for 20 minutes.
Uncover more mouthwatering recipes for all your favourite meals from The Peninsula Hotels around the world in “A Taste of The Peninsula,” now available for download here.
(All images courtesy of The Peninsula)