The MMMs Awards 2021
Currently run by the fourth generation of the Ser Wong Fun family, this practically-historical restaurant is famed for their warming, double-boiled soups, snake dishes, classic Cantonese fare and, of course, congee.
- Ser Wong Fun, (various locations), F HK Hong Kong Island G, 30 Cochrane St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2543 1032
Opened in 2015, Greater China Club is helmed by Chef Chan Wai-Teng, one of Hong Kong's most accomplished chefs in Chinese cuisine. From dim sum to epicurean chef menus to premium hotpots, you'll have your pick of options from the different rooms in the venue.
- Greater China Club, Unit A, 10/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, +852 2743 8055
Bold, diverse and innovative, Hansik Goo presents a modern spin on Korean cuisine, offering authentic flavours with just a little somethin' somethin' extra that will keep you returning every season.
- Hansik Goo, 1/F, The Wellington, 198 Wellington St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2798 8768
Since their first opening in 1967, Pak Loh Chiu Chow has expanded into multiple branches across Asia while also retaining their persistently high standard of serving humble, traditional, and award-winning dishes. Signatures include their goose platter, chilled crab and — our personal favourite — baby oyster and minced pork congee.
- Pak Loh Chiu Chow, (various locations), Shop 1002, 10/F, Times Square,1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, +852 2577 1163
Conveniently located in the heart of Wan Chai, Megan's Kitchen is famed for their homemade hot pot soup bases. What's lesser-known, but equally delicious, are their congee options; think a decadent lobster-base, or chicken and clams, or even the classic sliced garoupa congee. Mmm!
- Megan's Kitchen, 5/F Lucky Centre, HK Hong Kong Island, 165-171 Wan Chai Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2866 8305
Asia's number one restaurant needs little introduction. Vibrant, ingredient-driven and skillfully executed by the kitchen team, The Chairman offers rotating daily specials alongside their local-produce forward signature dishes.
- The Chairman, 18 Kau U Fong, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2555 2202