The MMMs Awards 2021
Megan’s Kitchen (Eaters' Choice)
Conveniently located in the heart of Wan Chai, Megan's Kitchen is famed for their homemade hot pot soup bases. And what else makes a good hot pot? Dumplings. Their signature platter is a must-have, while other a la carte options include cheese and beef tongue dumplings, peking duck dumplings, and the classic chives and pork — all equally delicious.
- Megan's Kitchen, 5/F Lucky Centre, HK Hong Kong Island, 165-171 Wan Chai Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2866 8305
More than just a bao-spot, definitely cop their short-rib pan fried dumplings when you're next there. A little bougie? Maybe. Utterly delicious? Definitely.
- Little Bao, (various locations), Opposite Victoria Park, Shop H1, G/F 9 Kingston Street, Fashion Walk, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 2555 0600
Tucked away behind Old Bailey Street in Central, OBP describes themselves as a 'Korean drinking establishment' with, we might add, all the trappings of a good night out, including signature go-tos like their spicy rice cake, slow cooked pork belly and their wagyu and prawn galbi dumplings.
- OBP, LG/F, 3-5 Old Bailey St, Central, Hong Kong
We'll admit it — Nepalese dumplings are a godsend, especially after a big night out. We love the explosive (literally) flavours at Momoz, including some fun ones like the Hainanese Chicken Momo and their Fire-In-The-Hole Lamb Momos (spicy!).
- Momoz, (various locations), 6 Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2898 3129
Northern Dumpling Yuan
If you're in the area, it's a common sight to see our motley crew rock up to the Wan Chai branch of Northern Dumpling Yuan — starving and, often, salivating. Upon entering, you'll be able to spot one of the kitchen team skillfully wrapping away in the corner of the restaurant. Go for the mutton and green onion option if you're craving something gamier; the classic leek and pork if you're new, or even the abalone and asparagus option if you're feeling a little decadent.
- Northern Dumpling Yuan, (various locations), 259 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2838 8436
Din Tai Fung
Our overusage of 'Are you DTF?' can be traced back to our routine pilgrimage of this — dare we say? — iconic Taiwanese franchise. Perfect for sharing or greedily, selfishly consumed alone.
- Din Tai Fung, (various locations), Shop G3-11, G/F, 68 Yee Wo St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 3160 8998