The MMMs Awards 2021
Best Fried Chicken
Honky Tonks Tavern (Eaters' Choice)
From the creators of another fan favourite, Shady Acres, comes Honky Tonks — probably the only dive bar with a weekly oyster special. Chef Andy mast is a magician when it comes to frying up a good bird, from a Harlem-style chicken and waffles plate to the tenderest tenders in town.
- Honky Tonks Tavern, Man Hing Ln, Central, Hong Kong
MOYO offers modern Korean dining with an Italian touch — a nod to founder Francesco Lee's Milanese upbringing — but the fried chicken is all Korea. With a variety of sauces for dipping, it's Seoul food for the soul.
- MOYO, 36 Aberdeen St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2858 2777
The Last Resort
A little piece of Canada in Hong Kong, the Last Resort — a respite for the world weary — slings up perfectly crispy fried chicken in three styles: original, hot and for the truly brave: nuclear.
- The Last Resort, 52B Peel St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2442 2440
The restaurant behind the best chicken wings in Hong Kong also offers the best deal on chicken wings in Hong Kong: Every Wednesday, buy one drink and order 12 wings at HK$5 each. Yeah. We'll see you there.
- Wingman, (various locations), 6/F, Cheung Hing Commercial Building, 37-43 Cochrane St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 9607 5500
375 Chicken 'n Fries
A fried chicken favourite out of New York, 375 eschews additives, antibiotics, and fillers for a 'healthier' bird, fried at 375 degrees for optimal crispiness, that's big on flavour.
- 375 Chicken 'n Fries, 79-83 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong, +852 3751 5181
This modern Japanese izakaya has long been a must-visit for any out-of-towner, and earned its first Michelin star this year. Known for grilling every part of the bird, Chef Matt Abergel fries up a mean piece of chicken, too. Our recommendation? Try it both ways.
- Yardbird, Winsome House, 154-158 Wing Lok Street G/F, Shops A and B, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, +852 2547 9273