The MMMs Awards 2021
TamJai SamGor (Eaters' Choice)
There is the humdrum mixian noodle, then there's TamJai SamGor. Holding court in their new-this-year LKF location (amongst many, many others), this is where homey, comforting bowls of slurpy noodles can be personalised to perfection. Don't sleep on the thin-sliced pork belly smothered with mashed garlic, too.
- TamJai SamGor, (various locations), G/F, Hong Kong House, 15D-19 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2712 9738
Carbone's original Greenwich Village location is home to many, many celebrity sightings, but the real star of the show from this New York transplant is their spicy vodka rigatoni. Don't get one to share; you're going to want your own.
- Carbone, 9/F, LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham St, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2593 2593
Nestled in the shadows of LKF, Roji is hardly a kept secret — you might have heard the riotous cheers of sake bombs being slammed and sloshed all the way from D'Aguilar Street. While the drinks are excellent, stop by this Japanese izakaya for their bites, too. It was the Mentaiko Udon that really stole our hearts — and will keep us coming back.
- Roji, G/F 20A D'Aguilar St, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
From Cookie DPT to Carbs and, now, Rollie, Wil Fang has all but proved he's no One Trick Pony. Roll by Rollie for the hand rolls, the sushi and the snow crab udon — but also roll by for the sick puns.
- Rollie, Cochrane Street, Central, Hong Kong
Not much has changed in Okra's Sheung Wan location since DAM:A has taken over the joint. The address is the same. The decor, identical. What's new, though, is DAM:A's mouthwatering menu, with serve after serve after serve of utter deliciousness. Every single noodle dish is good, as are their entrées. No notes.
- DAM:A, G/F 110 Queen's Rd West, Sai Ying Pun Hong Kong, +852
KiKi Noodle Bar
You might have already tried KiKi brandeded noodles from the comforts of your own home (they're delicious!) but KiKi has since expanded with storefronts in ifc Mall and K11 MUSEA, so you can slurp up these Taiwanese favourites exactly as they're meant to be enjoyed: piping hot, and topped over with KiKI's special spicy sauce.
- KiKi Noodle Bar, (various locations), Unit #406, 18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 2111 3764