The MMMs Awards 2021
From the people that brought you Cut Sando Bar, INTERVAL is, defiantly, not a pizzeria. Instead, it’s an all-day café that serves up excellent sourdough pizzas — alongside glasses of wine, swirls upon swirls of pasta and an urban farm at their Cyberport location. So you know those herbs sitting atop melted cheese are fresh from the stem.
- Interval, (various locations), Cyberport, Shop 207, Level 2, Arcade, 100 Cyberport Rd, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong, +852 2380 3498
Mother of Pizzas’s founder Ricky Yuen trained for his craft in a slew of pizzerias in East Vancouver. A true labour of love, the Causeway Bay joint is Yuen’s tribute to the very best of Neapolitan-inspired pizzas — and a tribute to his wife, Cherrie, for which Mother of Pizzas is in dedication to.
- Mother of Pizzas, Ground Shop, 13, 19 Leighton Rd, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 2891 2221
Cooking up piping-hot slices of Brooklyn amid the hustle and bustle of Sai Ying Pun, Andrea’s Bagel Crust Pizza slings deliciously thin-crusted pizzas on their signature bagel-crust dough in traditional presentations (see: Pepperoni and Margherita) as well as inspired flavours, like the Thai Green Curry Chicken serve.
- Andrea's Bagel Crust Pizza, 117 First St, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong, +852 2244 3326
The sourdough-crust pizzas are excellent at Dough Bros. (no, really; it’s our favourite hangover order), as are their jam-filled doughnuts, which you must get as dessert. Remember to dunk your slices into the little tub of Garlic & Herb dip for a quintessential DB bite.
- Dough Bros., (various locations), G/F, 151-155 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong, +852 2301 1969
Straight out of the BIG RED BITCH oven (their words, not ours!), the pizzas at Alvy’s are homages to the rustic, late-night joints littered through all five boroughs of New York City, some proofed with a unique Hong Kong twist. Case in point: Bak Gwei, the must-get slice that exchanges pepperoni for char siu and chilli flakes for garlicky geung young.
- Alvy's, 8 Holland St, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong, +852 2312 2996
If it’s authenticity and tradition that’s so desired, Motorino — whose pizzas are made with prosciutto from Parma, vine-ripened tomatoes from San Marzano and Caputo flour from Napoli — is the spot to hit for a Neapolitan slice that hits the spot. It is, after all, billed as Hong Kong’s original pizzeria Napoletana.
- Motorino, (various locations), 15 Ship St, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2520 0690