Murad India, the world’s leading clinical skincare brand, is now in India.
With a huge demand for sustainable, homegrown labels, there’s also a need for high-quality, high-performance skincare that has acquired cult status to become accessible to Indian consumers. We used to ship from Cut Beauty and Beauty Bay paying hefty amounts of shipping on international products. And with the pandemic curtailing accessibility, there has been a lag in getting one’s hands on popular skincare. Especially Dermat-owned labels that are so cult that you cannot do without them – give or take global shipping costs. Thankfully, Nykaa is bringing quality skincare and renowned brands to make sure Indian beauty aficionados don’t have to compromise.
Murad, the label
Founded in 1989 by Dr Howard Murad, this trailblazing, celebrity-endorsed beauty label was the first one to promote clinical skincare products with a vision to use scientifically-proven formulas and technologies to help people achieve the healthiest, most beautiful skin. Its label says wellness backed by science and that’s the promise Dr Murad has committed himself to, and over the years, his products have lived up to the expectations of their consumers beautifully. At a time when we’re battling stress-related acne, blue light issues, and dehydrated skin, this launch comes as a lifesaver for those looking for clinical solutions that provide instant relief and wellness-based skin health.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Nykaa. Helping our customers live healthier, happier lives have always been our mission here at Murad. I believe skincare is healthcare, an integral piece of our body’s interconnected wellness puzzle. And this new partnership will bring our philosophy to new customers across India,” says Dr Howard Murad, founder.
And Murad is not just clinically proven, but it’s also cruelty-free and groundbreaking, thanks to the 30 years of experience Dr Murad comes with. The Los Angeles-based dermatologist and pharmacist Dr Howard Murad knows how to take care of skin in the most effective way possible. What’s in store? The bestsellers like Retinol Youth Renewal Serum, Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture, Vita-C Glycolic Brightening Serum, Vita-C Eyes Dark Circle Corrector, AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, Clarifying Cleanser, Nutrient-Charged Water Gel, Revitalixir Recovery Serum and Clarifying Oil-Free Water Gel are all available instantly now. His regime is very popular; the cleaning and toning are seen as the first part, treating and repairing follow next and then, Dr Murad talks about hydration and protection and his products are known to tackle every skin issue through this simple but effective regime.
The brand is, of course, known for two things. Their popular anti-ageing products (hello, Retinol). And then, there are the antioxidant-infused products with definitive results. We’ve heard that Dr Murad believes that 80% of your skin’s health is about eating healthy, staying hydrated, and being in the know of wellness when it comes to stress and sleep. The other 20% is the use of topical products. And his products do provide lab-made specialist ingredients like Pomegranate, Green Tea, Vitamin C, and Mushroom Peptides. His retinol, salicylic, and hydrating ranges are the most popular ones. Nevertheless, we put together five products you must get your hands on this year.
Don’t we all love vitamin-rich cleanser? This gentle foaming cleanser is perfect for a glow. Great for pigmented and tackling skin damage. The gel energising cleanser helps brighten and tighten your skin.
It’s no secret that Murad Retinols are popular because they are potent formulations. The retinol booster here helps fight fine lines and wrinkles and its also hydrating. It contains niacinamide as well.
If your skin is in constant need of hydration and moisture, then this gel is totally worth it. It contains hyaluronic acid and ginger root extract.
Finally, a vitamin C we can all fall back on. And it comes with a dual-chamber delivery system that stabilises vitamin C and helps optimise efficacy. The cartridge delivers an exact dose every time and provides an oxidation defence.
The best exfoliator in the market now, the chemical exfoliator. It contains glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acids and is great for pigmented, uneven skin.