Download the Co-Win app to register for the COVID-19 vaccination in India. Here’s how you can register and get vaccinated.
In December 2020, the central government announced Co-Win, a digital platform for the COVID-19 vaccination delivery. Alongside the Aarogya Setu app, it will help you register for the vaccination. The platform will also be used to record vaccine data and create a database for healthcare workers and officials.
Now that we are peaking the second wave (read = Tsunami) in India with over 3 lakh cases per day and with an unsure number of casualty stats, the government has confirmed that the COVID-19 vaccination program for all citizens aged 18 and above is set to begin on April 28, 2021. ”The registrations will start on the #CoWIN platform and Aarogya Setu App from April 28 onwards. Stay informed, stay safe! (sic),” tweeted MyGovIndia, the Government of India’s official citizen engagement platform.
The COVID-19 vaccinations in India were being provided for free to all 45+ citizens and frontline workers at government hospitals and Rs 250 at private hospitals. However, for the third phase of inoculation, new prices have been announced by two of the major vaccine companies in India. Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin will be available to state governments at Rs 600 a dose and private hospitals at Rs 1,200 a dose. And the Serum Institute of India will sell Covishield at Rs 400 a shot to states and Rs 600 per dose to private hospitals.
How to register through Co-WIN portal —
1. Visit the Co-WIN website and click on Register/Sign in yourself.
2. Add your mobile number and click on Get OTP. After receiving the OTP, type the digits on the site, and click on ‘Verify’.
3. Enter all your details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth on the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page. Once this is done, hit Register.
4. After you register, you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Click on ‘Schedule’ next to the name of the person registered.
5. Add your pin code and click on Search. The centres in the added pin code will appear.
6. Select the date and time and click on ‘Confirm’.
It is important to note that users can add up to four members through one login and can easily reschedule an appointment.
All images: Courtesy Getty Images