Dry day woes? You may not be able to go out for drinks this Sunday given that it is Republic Day, but we’ve got you covered. Here are some easy to make cocktail recipes you can whip out of your home bar in under 10 minutes.
- 60 ml whisky or dark rum
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 star anise
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 15 ml lime juice
- Warm water
- Orange peel for garnish
- Pour the whiskey / rum, lime juice, and sugar syrup in a glass.
- Add the spices to the mix. Now pour hot water and let the ingredients sit for one minute.
- Garnish with an orange peel and serve.
- 90 ml bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5-6 mint leaves
- Crushed ice, to taste
- Place the mint leaves at the bottom of the glass. add sugar on top and lightly crush the two together.
- Add crushed ice till the glass is full.
- Now pour the bourbon on top of this. Let it soak for 30 seconds, and its ready to sip.
- 60 ml gin
- 120 ml tonic water
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Lemon slice
- Place the vanilla ice cream in the glass.
- Pour the gin on top of it.
- Now pour the tonic water into this mix. Top with lemon slice as garnish and serve.
- 45 ml vodka
- 30 ml chilled, brewed black tea
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Optional garnish: lemon wedge
- Add the vodka, tea, honey, lemon juice, and ice to a shaker / tumbler that closes. Shake well.
- Strain through a sieve into the glass.
- Top with lemon wedge.
The Gin Lemonade
- 60 ml gin
- 20 ml honey syrup (i.e., 1:1 honey and hot water mixture)
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- Add the gin, honey syrup, lemon juice, and ice to a shaker / tumbler that can close.
- Shake well all ingredients together.
- Strain through a sieve into a glass and sip.
All images: Courtesy pexels