Singapore’s Jigger & Pony retained its second place on the Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2022 edition, which was announced at a ceremony in Bangkok this evening.
The bar at the Amara Hotel led Singapore to the title of the city with the most number of spots on this year’s list.
Jigger & Pony was joined by ten other venues from the island, including MO Bar (No.8), Manhattan (No.9), Republic (No. 12), No Sleep Club (No.15), Atlas (No. 23), Tippling Club (No. 27), Sago House (No. 31), Nutmeg & Clove (No. 36), Analogue (No. 37) and 28 Hong Kong Street (No. 49).
It is the first time Republic and Analogue have made an appearance. Nutmeg & Clove reentered after a one year hiatus.
Singapore was recognised with other awards. The Roku Industry Icon prize went to Nutmeg & Clove’s Colin Chia for his role in nurturing the country’s next generation of bartenders. MO Bar was presented the Nikka Highest Climber award after jumping 28 places over last year.
The top spot again went to Hong Kong’s Coa. Opened in 2017, the bar is known for its extensive range of Mexican spirits from 100 percent agave tequilas to traditional mezcals.
At No.3, Hong Kong’s Argo was also the highest new entry, bringing the territory’s total haul of places to seven. Japan was next with six bars on the list, while South Korea and Thailand tied with five spots each.
Honky Tonks Tavern was also recognised with the Campari One to Watch award, which is given to bars with the potential to break into the top 50 list in the coming years. The Hong Kong venue placed No.55 on this year’s 51-100 list.
The event in Bangkok marked the first live ceremony since the start of the pandemic. Winners were announced virtually in the last two years, while the 2019 edition took place live in Singapore.
See below for the full list, then check out the venues on the Asia’s 50 Best Bars 51-100 list for 2022.
1. Coa (Hong Kong)
2. Jigger & Pony (Singapore)
3. Argo (Hong Kong)* – highest new entry
4. Tesouro (Goa)
5. Bar Benfiddich (Tokyo) – best bar in Japan
6. Indulge Experimental Bistro (Taipei) – best bar in Taiwan
7. Charles H (Seoul) – best bar in South Korea
8. MO Bar (Singapore)
9. Manhattan (Singapore)
10. BKK Social Club (Bangkok) – best bar in Thailand
11. Sober Company (Shanghai) – best bar in Mainland China
12. Republic Bar (Singapore)*
13. Darkside (Hong Kong)
14. Sidecar (New Delhi)
15. No Sleep Club (Singapore)
16. Quinary (Hong Kong)
17. Tropic City (Bangkok)
18. Hope & Sesame (Guangzhou)
19. Vesper (Bangkok)
20. Lamp Bar (Nara)**
21. The SG Club (Tokyo)
22. Penicillin (Hong Kong)
23. Atlas (Singapore)
24. Aha Saloon (Taipei)
25. Bar Trench (Tokyo)
26. Hoots’ (New Delhi)*
27. Tippling Club (Singapore)
28. Bar Cham (Seoul)
29. Bar Trigona (Kuala Lumpur) – best bar in Malaysia
30. Home (New Delhi)*
31. Sago House (Singapore)
32. The Cocktail Club (Jakarta)* – best bar in Indonesia
33. The Pontiac (Hong Kong)
34. The Wise King (Hong Kong)
35. Jungle Bird (Kuala Lumpur)
36. Nutmeg & Clove (Singapore)**
37. Analogue (Singapore)*
38. The Aubrey (Hong Kong)*
39. Le Chamber (Seoul)
40. Alice (Seoul)
41. Memento Mori (Tokyo)*
42. Smoke & Bitters (Sri Lanka)* – best bar in Sri Lanka
43. Asia Today (Bangkok)*
44. Copitas (Bengaluru)
45. Union Trading Company (Shanghai)
46. The Bamboo Bar (Bangkok)
47. Bee’s Knees (Kyoto)
48. Zest (Seoul)*
49. 28 Hong Kong Street (Singapore)
50. Speak Low (Shanghai)
* New entry