Milan Fashion Week commences with the Italian fashion house, Ermenegildo Zegna as they unveil their men’s collection for Fall ‘19. Embracing the beauty of urban European ‘ec0-future,’ the collection offered hyper-luxury fabrics, clean cuts and a ton of homegrown inspiration for Zegna. If there’s one thing the Italian designers are known for, it’s excellent fabrics and constant fusion of heritage classics with modern design. Fall ‘19 was no different and with Alessandro Sartori’s vision, pure hybrid ingredients, distinct colourways and an influence of wearable technology followed.
Zegna focused once more on functional pieces, the athleisure trend seems to be a key element for this capsule alongside impeccable tailoring and a robust cut, so expect modular pieces as well. Non-traditional materials were a big highlight, as was Zegna’s take on wearable technology; including jackets with built-in heaters as well as mobile phone chargers. At the same time, the collection was contemporary and effortless. The take was simple, “Borders keep being narrowed throughout the world – I felt the urge to advocate the power of openness and multiplicity through my own means as a fashion designer, expressing awareness and responsibility at every step of the creative process, from textile-making to devising new categories of clothing to the staging of the fashion show in such a meaningful place. In doing so, I keep perfecting my vision of the contemporary metropolitan wardrobe: an idea of tailoring for a cross-generation of global customers” says Zegna Artistic Director Alessandro Sartori.
Overall, the collection was refined for a ‘hybrid civilisation,’ elements of simple traditional style were given a futuristic and technological treatment. Jackets come with outerwear pockets, shirts are now jackets – functional and personal. The quilted puffer jackets are dramatic and voluminous – there is just so much elevation in this dialogue. In addition, 25 percent of the collection comprised of pieces in nylon, cashmere, and wool—was not only recycled from Zegna factory offcuts but created to be fully recyclable in a future incarnation. Here are our top picks from the Ermenegildo Zegna men’s Fall ‘19 collection.
Jump To / Table of Contents
- Contrasting mustard and purple printed throw-over jacket layered with satin/velvet maroon suit and mustard tee.
- Burgundian pullover with contrasting 'European Gentlemen' patched velvet detailing worn with sharp gray straight-fit trousers.
- Burgundian slim-fitted suit with all over black prints worn over a solid purple shirt and colour blocked with sporty lemon yellow shades.
- Over-sized purple gilet jacket worn over navy trousers and punk-rock themed boots.
- Over-sized Burgundian woolen over-coat with sublte tartan prints, gloved with black, mustard-yellow and red satin gloves.
- Gray woolen casual blazer layered over contrasting black and purple striped tee, color-blocked with an alligator leather purple hand bag.
- Casual navy turtle-neck themed bomber jacket and darker shaded navy trousers with shin padding.